Beige, brown, tan, nude, khaki, oatmeal, sand, camel, ecru: there are many ways to pronounce our current favorite color. After a summer in whites (yes, that was the go-to color this season, if you didn’t realize), we’ve moved on to the world of light brown – a truly luxurious range of hues, when you think about it, that evoke a range of iconic fashion history moments. From the all-khaki suits of 20th century safari explorers to Martin Margiela’s most opulent years at French maison Hermès, all the way to the present-day Era of Nude spearheaded by Yeezy and Kim Kardashian, beige is here to stay. From Calabasas track suits to lux woolen trench coats, beige is as versatile as it is iconic. The new spin, if there’s any, is not only to sport a full-beige look – but to mix the various hues and tonalities to produce a subtle color-block effect that will entice as much as it will confuse. When nothing matches, everything matches, no one said ever – so you heard it here first. Have a look inside for some of our current sand favorites that will be accompanying our autumnal affairs this coming season.
1. Y/Project Brown Uggs Edition Triple Layer Boots – €630
2. Paco Rabanne – Brown Wool Draped Skirt – €463
3. Nanushka – Off-White Monday Turtleneck – €280
4. Diemme – Beige Suede Roccia Vet Boots – €416
5. Helmut Lang – Brown Shearling Belted Coat – €2423
6. Jacquemus – Beige ‘La Robe Jemaa’ Dress – €543
7. Altuzarra Pink Cashmere Calvin Skirt – €977